10.19.2012

:: coffee bar details


Hello Friends, it's been a while. I've missed getting here to spend time with you, but hopefully now that Fall is here & I'm beginning to be forced inside I will have more time to share.

After many comments and e-mails I've decided to share some of the details of my coffee bar with those of you who are interested. I've tried to answer most comments & e-mails, but I'm sure I've missed a few along the way.


As per my original post here, I purchased the industrial wire basket shelf at Hobby Lobby. When I first found the shelf I picked it up immediately because I knew the space above my cabinet was the perfect place for it, and I knew I wanted to turn this into a coffee/beverage bar. However, when I saw the price which at that time was 99.99 I reluctantly put it back on the shelf & walked around a bit more. Once thinking about how perfect it was I decided to purchase it & wait for a sale or a coupon to bring it back for the difference as I was afraid it would be gone later. Hobby Lobby often has items 50% off, and offers a 40% coupon nearly every week. So, I brought it home hung it up decorated it {photo below} & waited for the sale to come...which it did within my 30 day time frame. So, as inconvenient as it was I took everything off of the shelf took it off the wall and went back with my receipt for the 50% off sale price. It would have been nice if I could have just taken in my receipt for the price adjustment, but Hobby Lobby does not work this way....anyway, for me it was worth it to save nearly fifty dollars.



Now, on to the cabinet. I get comments and e-mails daily asking where I purchased this piece. I found this piece nearly 8 years ago when we first moved into our home. It took me a while to find something that would work on this wall that wasn't too deep to get in the way of traffic. I purchased it from a catalog "Through the Country Door" & though the catalog still exists unfortunately the cabinet itself does not. My little black cabinet/side board measures 44" wide, 36" high {counter height}, & 15" deep. I've also had people inquire about the baskets, I believe I purchased them at Target and they are 10" x 10", I have a 3.5" piece of wood in the back of the shelf to stop the baskets from recessing since they didn't fit perfectly. Oooh yuk, I apologize for the poor picture above, at the time I couldn't find the little piece that attached my camera to my tripod & I was so excited to share that I let it slide.

So, there you have it, all the details you have inquired about. I'm very flattered that many of you have decided to create your own versions of my little coffee bar in your own homes...I know how much we love ours & what a great countertop space saver it has been. I've already seen a few replications using the exact same shelf from Hobby Lobby & I love to see how each person has used this inspiration to create their very own version.


I love the little blue dresser & wire baskets used by Stephanie at Life More Lovely.

'

Another version minus the Hobby Lobby shelf. I like the pieces CrestWoodModern used from IKEA to create their own coffee haven.


Here's a cute little corner that Holly created for her own coffee shop, again using the same Hobby Lobby shelf. I really do love this shelf...it could be used in so many areas of the home.

So, do you have you're very own coffee shop in your home?


Happy Weekend!

{peace, love & COFFEE}
Carrie
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Your coffee bar was my original inspiration to create my own! LOVE that shelf!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do share... I would love to see it. I'm checking your blog now : ).

      Delete
    2. She was the inspiration for mine too. I abso-freakin'-lutely love my station.

      http://feistymrsfarr.blogspot.com/2013/02/resist-i-could-not.html

      Delete
  2. Your coffee space looks so nice and organized. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Might do this when I have a lil office of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...I got a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas and am finally going to put this coffee bar inspiration into action!! They only thing holding me back...the space I have to hand the shelf/baskets rack is only 28 1/2 inches wide...the one you used won't fit!! Have you happened to see anything similar that is narrower?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a similar cabinet at JCPenney
    http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/hartford-kitchen-buffet/prod.jump?ppId=1e112bb&cmvc=JCP|cat100240019|cat100250057|RICHREL&grView=&eventRootCatId=&currentTabCatId=&regId=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked Through the Country Door. As you mentioned, they do not carry your cabinet anymore but I thought I may find something similar. They have several options including the one I purchased. My Hobby Lobby shelf is hung and I am just waiting for my cabinet to arrive so I can finish off my coffee bar. I am sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cabinet has arrived and I put it together myself. I love my new coffee bar. You can see it on my blog somenewcreations.com
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coffee bar. It inspired me to make one. I bought my cabinet from Through the Country Door. I featured it on my new blog and linked back to yours. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found an {almost} identical cabinet on Wayfair.

    http://www.wayfair.com/TMS-Montego-Buffet-11001ESP-TXR1247.html

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...